Continous HR monitoring causing phone battery drain

Having problems setting up or configure your watch? Troubles? Feel free to ask whatever you want as long as it is watch related!
Klosiak

Continous HR monitoring causing phone battery drain

Post by Klosiak » 12 Apr 2019 10:42

Hello,

I have noticed on my Android device that when I use continous HR monitoring set to measure in 5 min intervals battery drain is quite huge. When I used this feature set to measure at 60 min intervals, then battery is not consumed so fast. For now I have disabled HR monitoring but I would like to ask other users do you encounter similar issues with battery draining by ZeTime app when continous HR measure is on? I want to know if it is my configuration issue or general thing because I will inform MK suppprt about this that they can investigate and fix this if possible.

I noticed this because when using continous HR measurement with the other watch that I have (Amazfit Stratos) the battery drain does not exist. Of course, watch's battery is going down faster but I is what I would expect when using such feature.

Cheers!

BrentNH

Re: Continous HR monitoring causing phone battery drain

Post by BrentNH » 12 Apr 2019 13:51

Yes, the more you use HR monitor the faster the battery drains. When I use the 5 min interval setting, i still see 3 days of battery life.

Klosiak

Post by Klosiak » 12 Apr 2019 14:22

All right. The battery life of the watch is not a problem here as it make sense that when we use HR monitoring more then watch battery will go off faster. The thing which worries me more is that continous HR monitoring with short mesure interval drains my phone battery very much. It looks like the watch is connecting and sync with the phone more often and is causing huge phone battery life drop.

BrentNH

Post by BrentNH » 13 Apr 2019 21:16

Do have the app set to “continuously sync”? When I had an android phone that was an option, however I don’t see it on the iPhone.

Klosiak

Post by Klosiak » 13 Apr 2019 23:35

Thanks for the tip but I didn't find anything like continous sync for the ZeTime on ma Android phone. To be honest it is not a problem for my as HR measure is not crucial for me. Just wanted to know if others have similar expirience when using measurements with 5 min interval.

BrentNH

Post by BrentNH » 15 Apr 2019 16:53

Understandable. Well, good luck with the watch!

Klosiak

Post by Klosiak » 15 Apr 2019 20:28

Thanks and the same for you :)