Can't set up weather on iphone

Having problems setting up or configure your watch? Troubles? Feel free to ask whatever you want as long as it is watch related!
Klosiak

Re: Can't set up weather on iphone

Post by Klosiak » 08 Feb 2019 11:46

Hi All,

I can confirm that after last small update of the app weather widget works better than before (Android App). It worked for me before but now localization is displayed more accurately or it is not displayed if the app can not fit the city but weather forecast is right for the places where I am staying.

James Lozinsky

Post by James Lozinsky » 02 Mar 2019 05:31

I'm having problems too.

When trying to set my location for the weather, ANY change (or no changes at all) won't save; it always comes back "failed." Any city I enter results in a "Pleast input a correct city name" error.

This is after installing the upgrade that said it fixed the weather problem.

Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any ideas anyone?

xulops

Post by xulops » 15 Mar 2019 10:02

Can we know the weather forecast provider used now ? Is it still Yahoo ?
Ubuntu uses the Norvegian meteorological Institute, and it is free of charges and seems accurate. ( https://www.met.no/en )

BrentNH

Post by BrentNH » 15 Mar 2019 13:51

Yahoo shutdown the weather service down. No clue who they use now, I'm just glad it works.

xulops

Post by xulops » 16 Mar 2019 17:48

I asked for the new API provider because the new one is not accurate at all for me, seems there is still a problem there.

I am in China, in Kunming city. And temperature and forecast just doesn't match the real weather (in automatic position mode) : sunshine during night for example.
If i try to set the manual position, impossible to find a matching place name for Kunming (not a small city, more than 7M people), or Yunnan (the province) or China... even if i write the names in chinese. Always have a "Please input correct city name" error message. I have the same error message if i input Paris ou Bruxelles, so it seems it is an API problem.

Impossible to set a manual position and automatic position is completely false, so what can i do ?

The actual weather display should at least mention the city and when it was last updated to be trusted, or this weather functionality is useless.

BrentNH

Post by BrentNH » 24 Mar 2019 12:11

xulops wrote:
16 Mar 2019 17:48
Impossible to set a manual position and automatic position is completely false, so what can i do ?

The actual weather display should at least mention the city and when it was last updated to be trusted, or this weather functionality is useless.
I live in Otterberg Germany, and it works fine for me. Seems to be about as accurate as the last API. Which is to say, its not always accurate but generally the temp is fairly accurate. The display does display the city name, but not the "last updated" info. Which I agree, would be useful.

xulops

Post by xulops » 27 Mar 2019 11:04

BrentNH wrote:
24 Mar 2019 12:11
I live in Otterberg Germany, and it works fine for me. Seems to be about as accurate as the last API. Which is to say, its not always accurate but generally the temp is fairly accurate. The display does display the city name, but not the "last updated" info. Which I agree, would be useful.
You really have the city on the Zetime weather display ? Interesting, i never saw it, and don't have it now.
You are in "automatic" setting or "manual" setting ?

BrentNH

Post by BrentNH » 12 Apr 2019 13:54

Yup, the city shows up at the bottom. I have it set to automatic since I travel a lot and want the weather for wherever I am without having to think about it.

BrentNH

Post by BrentNH » 12 Apr 2019 14:02

https://ibb.co/yyd327q If you click on that link, I uploaded a small picture of the watch display on the weather. You can see the city, in this case Otterberg, at the bottom. That changes as I travel around.